Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Welcome to the SherriLynn blog

After thinking and talking about blogging for way too long, I decided to take the plunge.

You are probably wondering what this blog will be about.  Honestly, I'm not sure yet.  It will be a mix of parenting, politics, my quest to "figure out what I'm going to be when I grow up," and some foodie thoughts and recommendations.  I hope it turns out to be more than a vanity, my-kid's-so-smart-and-cute blog.  We'll see how it evolves.

What's with the name?  Growing up, my mom insisted on calling me SherriLynn.  Friends would call and ask for "Sherri."  "There is no Sherri here," my mom would answer.  "Sherri is so ordinary," my mom would tell me later.  So, I grew up believing that SherriLynn was very unique.  

According to blogger and Google, Mom was wrong.  There is already a SherriLynn blog on blogspot (seems to be abandoned, but the few posts are about Girl's State and Debate camp). And, there are many professionals and products available under the SherriLynn name.  Lots of lawyers, a few doctors,  a photographer or two, and psychic.  There is also a SherriLynn bridal tiara, SherriLynn Farms, and SherriLynn's Gourmet Food and Candles in Minnesota.

Day one of blogging and I've already learned something new.  Hope you'll keep reading and see what else comes up.  

4 comments:

Leciawp said...

Yeah I'm so excited to see that you've joined the blogosphere! I'm going to bookmark your site right now. And yay - I get to be your first commentor! You know I now have a button you can use for people to click and link to my site...you can download the HTML from today's post...:)

Jones said...

love the blog. I dont mind if you blog about your ohhh so cute and very smart kid. And Sherri, your mom was wrong. You are extraordinary as a Sherri and as a SherriLynn.

Lavinia said...

Dude! You're so cool! (And extraordinary.) Welcome to the blogosphere. Maybe you'll motivate me to get back to mine...

SherriLynn said...

Thanks for visiting and posting comments!