Sunday, December 14, 2008

Cookies and Connections

At Chez Sherrilynn, I've been busy making cookies and connection.  

A friend told me that the Gourmet Magazine website is featuring the best cookie recipe for each year from the 1940's to the present.  My favorite is the mocha cookie from 1990.  The cookie is shaped like a thin cookie, but tastes like a brownie.  In fact, the recipe is strikingly similar to Barefoot Contessa's Outrageous Chocolate Brownies.  I also made the chocolate chip cookies from the cookbook of Macrina Bakery.  The recipe is very similar to the chocolate chip cookie recipe discussed in the New York Times this summer, but much less fussy.

Over the last couple weeks, I've spent a lot of time networking and learning more about legal academia.   I've meet some great people and received some very helpful advice.  It all boils down to this: if you want to be a law professor, you need to write a lot and it needs to be good.  If you want to write good articles, you need to spend a lot of time researching and writing.  "Don't wait for a lightening bolt," advised one mentor.  "Get into the library and read everything you can."  And so, that's what I've been doing.

1 comment:

Leciawp said...

Isn't the Macrina book great? Have you made the orzo salad?

Go Sherri go about the legal writing!!