Saturday, October 25, 2008

Bag Lunch Blues: A Taste of my own Medicine

This week I went on the pumpkin patch field trip with Little S and her classmates.  I enjoyed every minute of the trip.  Well, every minute except the time I spent eating my bag lunch.

On school mornings, I throw together lunches for Little S.  I try to hit all the food groups, limit the amount of sugar and plastic waste, and include some favorites.  But, especially by the end of the week, the lunches are a little random.

As I ate my soggy pb&j sandwich, my past-its-prime apple and a handful of trail mix at the pumpkin patch, I vowed to put a little more effort into making healthy, attractive and delicious lunches.  

Here are some lunch tips I found from WebMD, Food Network, and Parents Magazine.

1 comment:

Leciawp said...

I'll have to check out these links! I also posted some ideas about a month ago.